SALARY: $19.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The North Brooklyn YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who will support the Business Manager in growing and managing the administrative aspects of the Branch operation and Business Office Operations.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Business Office and other departments as needed to ensure effective communication from the Executive and Business Office.
- Enter Gifts/Pledges into the AS400 and produce weekly reports.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters for donors.
- Maintain tracking/filing system for all gifts/pledges that meet the requirements of audits. Hence reducing the Branch’s liability.
- Responsible for daily batch closing in a timely manner and accounts payable as needed in order to provide support in processing of daily business needs.
- Responsible for Office inventory and Branch IT (provide support and direction for resolution to IT issue, including monitoring of copiers and printers).
- Create requisitions and receiving PO.
- Process HR employment, volunteer documents, and create labor schedule.
- Onboard new staff and volunteers, including scheduling of Background Checks, new hire applications and Training Tracking.
- Maintain and update business office records, completely and accurately.
- Assist in planning and executing events related to the Annual fundraising initiative, the Annual Campaign and Branch events.
- Attend Committee Meetings, Board Meetings, and Special Events to build relationships with Y professionals/Leaders and Supporters.
- Serve as Manager on Duty as needed.
- Uphold all Association and Branch policies and demonstrate the values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Associates degree in related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One to three years administrative experience
- One to three years’ experience in Community Relations and working with staff and volunteer
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Fund Development and Board Development.
- Knowledge of AS400 database management, a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Administrative Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:North Brooklyn YMCA
Attn: Zoraida Estremera
570 Jamaica Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11208
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities