Administrative Assistant (Youth & Family)
SALARY: $20.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who will contribute to the success of the Afterschool, Teen and Camp programs, by leading and demonstrating outstanding operational efficiencies. Responsibilities include assisting with all aspects of Afterschool, Teen and Camp programs, Human Resources, and Payroll. The Administrative Assistant will play an integral role in contributing to the Youth & Family Department’s program quality, culture, success and sustainability.
- Manage all administrative duties (letters, memos, etc.).
- Enter applicable data in AS400 and track/process all payments for participants.
- Update and maintain AS400 rosters for Afterschool, Teen and Summer Camp.
- Monitor department past due payments, and prepare letters and other correspondence for members with outstanding payments.
- Review and help manage Youth & Family Department payroll.
- Produce and print all Afterschool, Teen and Summer Camp rosters in a timely manner.
- Track, file, and maintain all Youth & Family Financial Assistance applications.
- Assist with department new hire and on boarding as assigned.
- Maintain and ensure compliance as it relates to all Youth & Family Afterschool, Summer Camp, Department of Health, SACC and ACA requirements.
- Input government and operational requisitions for all Youth and Family department programs as needed.
- Produce and maintain government reports for COMPASS such as ROP reports.
- Organize and file participant applications for Afterschool and Summer Camp record keeping.
- Process Youth & Family Director Monthly Purchase Log.
- Uphold all Association Policies/ Demonstrate core values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma, or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Prior administrative experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with government contracts preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel.
- CPR / First Aid certification.
- Excellent interpersonal communication – written and oral, project management and organizational skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Center in Cornerstone.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities