Administrative Assistant III
SALARY $15.76 - $18.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Rockaway YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who will support the Business Manager and the Executive Director in growing and managing the administrative aspects of the Annual Campaign, assist with donor development and stewardship, and manage all administrative functions in the Buildings Department. The Administrative Assistant will also play a large role in expanding our volunteer base, managing the administrative aspects of the Board, organizing special events, and maintaining the branch room/space rental and Executive Calendar.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Business Office and other departments as needed to ensure effective communication from the Executive and Business Office.
- Provide administrative Support to the Buildings department which includes management of Building Contracts and Accounts Payable.
- Coordinate requests for AS400 and other online searches to report on donor and prospect history, statistics and reports.
- Enter Gifts/Pledges into the AS400 and produce weekly reports.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters for donors.
- Maintain tracking/filing system for all gifts/pledges that meet the requirements of audits.
- Carry out, as needed, mailings produced in-house including merges to maintain and increase donor base as well as communicate with members and community.
- Prepare and organize board materials, agenda and minutes for Senior Staff and Board.
- Manage open payables which includes weekly distribution of Open PO and Invoice on Hold Reports.
- Ensure all Accounts Payable files are maintained and up to date.
- Create and maintain branch operations schedules including Manager on Duty, facility space usage and calendars.
- Maintain and update business office records, completely and accurately.
- Assist in planning and executing events related to the Annual fundraising initiative, the Annual Campaign and Branch events.
- Attend Committee Meetings, Board Meetings, and Special Events to build relationships with Y professionals/Leaders and Supporters.
- Serve as a member of the Annual Campaign Committee, working in cooperation with volunteers and staff to ensure a well-organized and successful campaign.
- Model the Y’s 4 core values; to ensure maximum quality of Annual Campaign and Board Affairs.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associates degree in related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One to three years of administrative experience.
- One to three years of experience in Community Relations and working with staff and volunteer.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Fund Development and Board Development.
- Knowledge of AS400 database management, a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Administrative Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Rockaway YMCA
Attn: Felicia Bostwick
207 Beach 73rd Street
Arverne, NY 11692
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities