Administrative Assistant III
SALARY: $18.00 - $22.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Long Island City YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who will support the Executive Director in growing and managing the administrative aspects of the Branch operation, Fund Development, Business Office and Board.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Business Office and other departments as needed to ensure effective communication from the Executive and Business Office.
- Enter Gifts/Pledges into the AS400 and produce weekly reports.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters for donors.
- Maintain tracking/filing system for all gifts/pledges that meet the requirements of audits.
- Responsible for daily batch closing in a timely manner and accounts payable as needed.
- Manage 3rd Party Billing and branch receivables to ensure successful collection of revenue meet the requirements of audits.
- Responsible for Office inventory and Branch IT (provide support and direction for resolution to IT issue, including monitoring of copiers and printers).
- Manage financial assistant program. Maintain a tracking/filing system for awards that meet the requirements of audits.
- Process HR employment, volunteer documents, and create labor schedule, and allocating salaries to the appropriate departments.
- Onboard new staff and volunteers, including scheduling of Background Checks, new hire applications and Training Tracking.
- Manage facility space usage and Maintain Calendar.
- Maintain Executive Director’s Calendar.
- Assist in planning and executing events related to the Annual fundraising initiative, the Annual Campaign and Branch events.
- Attend Committee Meetings, Board Meetings, and Special Events to build relationships with Y professionals/Leaders and Supporters.
- Prepare and organize board materials in a timely fashion as well as prepare Agenda and Minutes of each committee to ensure smooth operation of meetings
- Uphold all Association and Branch policies and demonstrate the values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associates degree in related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years administrative experience.
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in Community Relations and working with staff and volunteer.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Fund Development, Board Development and Human Resources.
- Knowledge of AS400 database management, a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Administrative Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Long Island City YMCA
Attn: Meishay Gattis
32-23 Queens Blvd.
Long Island City, New York 11101
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities