Administrative Assistant I
SALARY: $17.34 - $20.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Long Island City YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will play a critical role in the successful operation of the Youth and Family Department. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Youth and Family Director, Camp/Afterschool Leadership Staff and Teen/Youth Program Staff to provide administrative oversight and support, to ensure quality program execution. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to our overall branch operations as needed.
- Administrative Support to Executive Director and other branch departments as needed to ensure effective communication and efficient operation.
- Responsible for processing, tracking and follow up for all students in DOE MySchools system; work with families to navigate the system and register
- Filing and organizing applications I compliance with YMCA, DOH and DOE, register in AS400, DOE Vendor Portal, Youthservices.Net and enter and certify attendance for participants as required
- Act as the Site Safety monitor to help keep track of our participants health, safety and wellbeing.
- Responsible for department inventory; create requisitions; receiving PO; resolve Invoice on Hold issues; respond to vendor inquiry and facilitate invoice for payment.
- Help in planning annual fundraising initiative and the Annual Campaign events; to ensure a well-organized and successful event.
- Uphold all Association Policies/demonstrate Values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Attend all required trainings and meetings as scheduled or as required by YMCA, DOE and DOH
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Other Duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma, or experience in related field required. Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years of administrative experience and working with staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal communication – written and oral, project management and organizational skills.
- Must be available at least 3 times a week, afternoon hours.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits to its staff members including retirement benefits, medical, paid-time off, free YMCA membership and more! Benefit eligibility is determined by an individual’s employment status (ie. full-time or part-time), tenure and/or the number of hours scheduled to work. Click here for more information.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities