Administrative Assistant I
SALARY: $15.45 - $17.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who, under the supervision of the Beacon Director, will carry out daily administrative and operational responsibilities and maintain excellent communication with the Beacon staff and the Branch. The incumbent will ensure an atmosphere of professionalism, friendliness and safety within the facility.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program by providing appropriate supervision at all times.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident reports, as appropriate).
- Prepare attendance sheets and binders for all Beacon programs.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, teachers, and other program and school staff.
- Work with DOE school staff to ensure attendance and paperwork is collected (lesson plans, attendance sheets, etc.)
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associate’s degree in related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years administrative experience.
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience working with staff and volunteers.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Excellent interpersonal communication – written and oral, project management and organizational skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Administrative Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn.: Frankie Carlucci
138-46 Northern Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11354
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities