Administrative Assistant - Community School Beacon 189
Salary: $17.34 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who, under the supervision of the Community School Director, the Administrative Assistant will play a critical role in the successful operation of the program. The Administrative Assistant will carry out daily administrative and operational responsibilities while maintaining excellent communications with the Community School staff and branch. The individual will ensure an atmosphere of professionalism, friendliness and safety within the facility.
- Ensure the health, safety, and well-being of participants in the program by providing appropriate supervision at all times.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident reports, as appropriate).
- Maintain attendance online systems, AS400, EZ Reports and support Youth and Family data check work.
- Prepare attendance sheets and binders for all Community School programs.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, teachers, and other program and school staff.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Work with DOE school staff to ensure attendance and paperwork is collected (lesson plans, attendance sheets, etc)
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members
- Provide administrative assistance to other branch departments as needed.
- Maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Other Duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associate degree and experience in related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years of administrative experience and experience working with staff and volunteers.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Excellent interpersonal communication – written and oral, project management and organizational skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities