Administrative Assistant (Beacon 43)
SALARY: $16.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Rockaway YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who, under the supervision of the Site Director, will play a critical role in the successful operation of the Beacon Center at P.S./M.S. 43 by providing administrative oversight and support, to ensure quality program execution. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to our membership, fund development, and Board engagement operations. The Administrative Assistant will ensure an atmosphere of professionalism, friendliness, and safety within the facility.
- Provide administrative support to Site Director and other branch departments as needed to ensure effective communication and efficient operation.
- Assist with organizing, auditing, and tracking Beacon Center staff personnel records.
- Assist with filing, organize applications, register in AS400, DYCD Connect and enter attendance for programs participants as needed.
- Process, track and follow up on related Youth & Family SCRs, DOE & DOH fingerprinting etc.
- Act as the Site Safety monitor to help keep track of our participants health, safety and wellbeing.
- Monitor department inventory; create requisitions; receiving PO; resolve Invoice on Hold issues; respond to vendor inquiry and facilitate invoice for payment.
- Assist in planning and executing events and meeting related for board; committees and branch operation meetings; Annual fundraising initiative and the Annual Campaign events; to ensure a well-organized and successful event.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold all Association Policies/demonstrate Values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associate degree and experience in related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of administrative experience and experience working with staff and volunteers.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Excellent interpersonal communication – written and oral, project management and organizational skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities