SALARY: $15.00 - $19.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who, under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, will contribute to the success of the aquatics programs by leading and demonstrating outstanding operations and the fulfillment of related job responsibilities. The incumbent’s responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting with all administrative aspects of our aquatics programs, Human Resources, and Payroll. The Administrative Assistant will play an integral role in contributing to the Aquatics Department’s program quality, culture, success and sustainability.
- Manage all administrative duties (letters, memos, etc.).
- Produce and complete third party and other vendor invoices/contracts/agreements.
- Utilize AS400 to track enrollment and student progression.
- Update and maintain AS400 rosters for all swimming classes and general pool information.
- Monitor department past due payments, and prepare letters and other correspondence for members with outstanding payments.
- Review and help manage Aquatics Department payroll.
- Produce and print all swimming classes, private lessons, and camp rosters in a timely matter.
- Create spreadsheets with member and participation information.
- Track, file, and maintain all Aquatics Financial Assistance applications.
- Track, file, and maintain all Aquatics Credit/Refund applications.
- Assist with department new hire and on boarding as assigned.
- Answer emails and phone calls accordingly.
- Maintain and ensure compliance as it relates to all Youth & Family Afterschool, Summer Camp, Department of Health, SACC and ACA requirements.
- Input government and operational requisitions for office/ programs inventory and supplies.
- Uphold all Association Policies/ Demonstrate core values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- High School diploma, or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Prior administrative experience required.
- CPR / First Aid certification.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Administrative Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Prospect Park YMCA
Attn: Max Guscott
357 Ninth Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities