SALARY: $17.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The North Brooklyn YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who, under the supervision of the Afterschool Director, will carry out daily administrative and operational responsibilities as it pertains to After School Programming, Summer Day Camp and day to day operations. The incumbent will ensure an atmosphere of professionalism, friendliness and safety within the facility.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Work closely with participants, parents and teachers as it relates to program registration and program inquires.
- Assist families with the program registration process.
- Prepare materials for meetings/ training.
- Input data into the DOE Food Service, DYCD Online, Youth Services and AS400 database, as required.
- Maintain inventory of classroom and office supplies, ensuring to accurately track inventory expenses.
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions, and complete Receipts in the YMCA Connect system.
- Generate and print daily attendance sheets, update assistant teacher binders, and make copies of handouts as needed.
- Track and maintain personnel and program files.
- Perform general clerical duties including, but not limited to, photocopying, faxing, internal and external mail, filing and data entry.
- Assist in minor IT issues, such as working with IT to set up or trouble shoot computers and printers, paper jams, etc.
- Assist with coordinating special events, including, but not limited to, Open House events (Summer Camp, After School etc.).
- Uphold all Association and Branch policies and demonstrate the values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year of administrative experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in working with staff and volunteer, Community Relations and Human Resources.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), AS400 database, Youth Services and DYCD online preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Administrative Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:North Brooklyn YMCA - Beacon
Attn: Dwayne Douglas
35 Starr Street
Brooklyn, NY 11221
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities