SALARY: $15.00 - $21.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Cross Island YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who will support the Executive Director in growing the fundraising efforts and managing the administrative aspects of the Annual Campaign; digital media; communication and community outreach efforts.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Business Office and other departments as needed.
- Enter Gifts/Pledges into the AS400 and produce weekly reports.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters for donors.
- Maintain tracking/filing system for all gifts/pledges that meet the requirements of audits. Hence reducing the Branch’s liability.
- Carry out in-house mailings, including merges, as needed.
- Support in the management of print and electronic branch communications plan (which includes newsletters, press releases, press coverage, branch brochure, camp brochure, program flyers, branch correspondence, etc.).
- Update calendars, websites, mobile apps, and social media as needed.
- Serve as a collegial member of the Development Department, working in cooperation with other leadership staff.
- Attend committee meetings, board meetings, and special events to assist as needed.
- Prepare and organize Board materials in a timely fashion as well prepare monthly minutes.
- Model the Y’s 4 core values and provide leadership to branch operations as needed.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
- One to three years administrative experience.
- One to three years’ experience in Community Relations and Fundraising.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Fund Development and Board Development and communications.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Quark, AS400, and Web management a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
Attn: La-Vena Francis
238-10 Hillside Avenue
Bellerose, NY 11426
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities