SALARY: $600.00 P/W - $1200.00 P/W
FULL-TIME / SEASONAL
The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The New York YMCA Camp, located in Huguenot New York, is seeking for a qualified individual who will maintain the health and safety of all participants, guests and staff through effective interpretation of health forms, dispensing of medications, responding to injury or illness and effective prevention.
- Compile and interpret medical forms for all participants and communicate information to necessary personnel.
- Maintain guidelines and regulations set forth by ACA, State of New York and the YMCA of Greater New York.
- Dispense medications daily, following standing physician orders.
- Provide first aid treatment and determine when additional care is required.
- Maintain accurate records of all incidents, treatments and medications; submit all reports within established time frame.
- Maintain health service supplies; ensure first aid kits and health center is stocked.
- Coordinate doctor visits for campers and staff, as needed.
- Keep parents informed about any incidents involving their child or children and keep the Director informed about incidents concerning staff members and / or campers.
- Help other departments as needed.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- AA Degree; Bachelor’s preferred.
- Registered EMT, LPN or RN.
- Current First Aid / CPR / BLS / NYS certifications.
- Clinical skills, physiological knowledge of medical terms and practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be available to work and live on-site.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promote participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with the subject line "Camp Nurse / EMT" to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:New York YMCA Camp
Attn.: Leanne Fraccio
PO Box 622
160 Big Pond Road
Huguenot, NY 12746