The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service is seeking a qualified individual who will provide direction and leadership to the day-to-day business functions of the branch. The Business Manager will be responsible for Procurement, Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivables, budgeting, Payroll, Human Resources, project/financial/general ledger analysis and management. Additional responsibilities include tracking the financial performance for all insurance reimbursement as well as fee-based and government funded contracts. The incumbent will also supervise an HR/Business Office Coordinator, Hospitality Agent staff and Billing staff and manage a budget of $3 million.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate all business staff and department staff.
- Develop, track, and control the branch budget in accordance with Association guidelines.
- Enforce organizational policies to ensure internal controls are maintained.
- Ensure branch financial performance indicators are being met through project/non-project financial analysis and management.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of government billing to various agencies.
- Perform regular analysis of branch performance by department to identify cost savings or untapped revenue opportunities.
- Conduct and review branch audit requirements and compliance procedures.
- Develop and implement effective revenue collection procedures.
- Ensure contractual & budget compliance with government and other funding sources.
- Provide support with strategic planning activities and competitive market analysis.
- Participate as an active member of the Senior Management Team of the Counseling Service branches.
- Assist in providing leadership to branch wide efforts including the Annual Support/Capital Campaigns.
- Staff liaison to the Branch Finance Committee and the Association Business Cabinet.
- Supervise the branch’s Human Resources department functions.
- Supervise the branch’s Billing department functions.
- Manage the branch’s Accounts Payable.
- Assist as a liaison with Association IT team, in collaboration with HR/Business Office Coordinator.
- Uphold all Association and Branch policies and demonstrate the values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; Master’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Business Financial Management.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is desired.
- Prior management experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Business Manager” to email@example.com or to:Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service
Attn: Jacqueline Filis
3911 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10312
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities