Beacon Director - JHS 189
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking a Director who under the supervision of the Youth and Family Director, will be responsible for management of the Beacon program at J.H.S. 189, which includes the overall development, administration, supervision and evaluation of the Beacon Program. The Beacon Director will focus on maintaining a quality program while raising additional funds to expand the program to meet the needs of the community.
- Recruit, hire, develop, train and supervise staff.
- Manage fiscal and government contracts, as well as foundation and corporate grants.
- Write grants.
- Meet or exceed all contract requirements.
- Plan and create new and innovative youth and family programs that meet the needs of the community, in keeping with Branch objectives.
- Work collaboratively with Branch staff to develop new programs.
- Develop and grow community partnerships while creating and tracking a resource referral system for youth and families.
- Represent the Branch at necessary program cabinets.
- Successfully maintain and continue to improve the quality of all Youth & Family programs.
- Become a certified trainer in at least one youth area and lead training events.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of one to two years of experience supervising community based youth programs, prevention program development, case management and youth counseling in a mental health setting.
- Knowledge of development and administration of youth programs, supervision, contract management and grant writing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work and/or be on call Saturdays and evenings.
- Bi-lingual Spanish is a plus.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Beacon Director” to email@example.com or to:Flushing YMCA
Attn.: Tiffany Dunbar
138-46 Northern Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11355
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities