Assistant Business Manager
SALARY: $20.00 P/H - $22.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Harlem YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who will, under the supervision of the Business Manager, provide daily support to the Branch’s Financial, Business, and Human Resources development and administration.
- Prepare annual, monthly, and weekly operating budget and forecast.
- Generate capital and balance sheet accounts, and Accounts Receivables/Accounts Payable reports.
- Process business processes including Purchase Requisition and Orders, Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable, daily bank reconciliation, Branch Payroll, credit cards, annual and monthly closing reports, contracts, Petty Cash Flow, business office filing, annual Branch internal and external audits, and Human Resources procedures in a timely manner and according to the Association and Branch guidelines.
- Liaison and build rapport between the Association Office, Branch, and vendors.
- Manage employment process including Intellicorp entry.
- Coordinate and facilitate new hire process, Connect, Workers Compensation and unemployment.
- Bi-weekly review of payroll issues, vacation payouts and request of payments.
- Support the branch with Connect/ADP, business office communications, and copiers/scanners.
- Participate as an active and contributing member of the Management Staff Team of the Harlem YMCA.
- Assist in providing leadership to Branch wide efforts including the Annual Support/Capital Campaigns.
- Represent Harlem Branch in Association Office Culture Cabinet meetings.
- Sets Annual Priority Objectives.
- Handle branch Membership Financial Assistance.
- Uphold all Association and Branch policies and demonstrate the values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience; five years of experience in a similar role preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with and managing a business administrative environment and AP/AR Bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of Financial Analysis, Reporting and Presentation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Accounting software, Payroll, purchasing, AP/AR, and bank records.
- Knowledge of AS400 database management, Oracle, AS400 and ADP is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Assistant Business Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Harlem YMCA
Attn: Balan Iyer
180 West 135th Street
New York, NY 10030
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities