SALARY: $15.00 P/H - $21.45 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Chinatown YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who will assist in providing leadership to the Aquatics Department. The incumbent will follow all YMCA and Department of Health aquatic standards to maintain safety for all aquatic programs in and around the swim area.
- Assist the Aquatics Director with recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating all aquatic staff.
- Assist the Aquatics Director with scheduling staff and programs.
- Assist with developing, implementing, tracking and controlling the department budget, in accordance with Branch and Association Guidelines.
- Assist with reviewing program capacity and scheduling regarding efficiency and revenue.
- Adhere to Association Aquatic Safety Standards and Guidelines.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes of the facility.
- Follow YMCA Lifeguard Rescue Ready and YMCA Swim Instructor Ready protocols.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
- Serve as a role model, to promote and demonstrate a professional demeanor to other aquatics staff.
- Maintain certifications required for position.
- Attend mandatory in-service training on a monthly basis and assist the Aquatics Director in running the in-service training.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Associate’s degree.
- Minimum of two years’ experience supervising lifeguards and swim instructors.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Current First Aid/CPRO/Emergency Oxygen certification.
- CPR/AEO certifications must be within first year of validity.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard / Swim Lesson Instructor certifications.
- YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard certification and YSL (YMCA Swim Lessons Instructor or WSI (Water Safety Instructor) certification.
- YMCA Swim Lesson or other certification.
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and CPRO/FA/EO skills.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Aquatics Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Chinatown YMCA
Attn.: Miguel Garcia
New York, NY 10002
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities