Administrative Assistant - Beacon 194
SALARY: $16.50 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant who, under the supervision of the Assistant Beacon Director/Program Coordinator, will carry out daily administrative and operational responsibilities and maintain excellent communication with the Beacon staff and the Branch. The incumbent will ensure an atmosphere of professionalism, friendliness and safety within the facility.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program by providing appropriate supervision at all times.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident reports, as appropriate).
- Update and maintain attendance in DYCD online system, AS400, and Youthservice.net.
- Prepare daily attendance and snack rosters.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, teachers, and other program and school staff.
- Work with the Assistant/Beacon Director to secure and maintain all equipment or supplies needed.
- Understand and communicate the YMCA’s core values and the goals of the Beacon Program to participants and care givers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians through regular communication about their child’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- High School diploma, or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Minimum one year of hands on experience working in youth programs or customer service.
- Prior administrative experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be articulate, self-proficient, and able to provide direct administrative support to the Beacon program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Access, Adobe PageMaker, and Photoshop preferred.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Administrative Assistant” to email@example.com or to:
Flushing YMCA – Beacon 194
Attn: Michelle Caban
154-60 17th Avenue
Whitestone, NY 11356
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities