At the YMCA, no family is ever turned away because of an inability to pay. Thanks to donations to our Annual Campaign, we are able to offer financial assistance so that all children can experience the benefits of camp.
Our three tier pricing system
Realizing that families have differing abilities to pay, the NY YMCA Camp has a tiered pricing system. Please take a moment to look at the rate descriptions below and determine which of the three prices your family is able to pay for your child’s camp experience. Price selection is done strictly on an honor system. If you can afford to pay the full fee (Tier 1), please do so. If you cannot, simply select the price which is right for your family’s circumstances. There is no difference in the camp experience for campers registered at different tiers and tier selection is kept confidential.
This rate most accurately reflects the true cost of camp, including depreciation, operational, and administrative costs. If you can afford to pay this fee, please do so.
This is our partially subsidized rate for those who cannot quite afford the full cost of camp. Families utilizing this tier are paying about 10% below the actual cost of camp.
This is our most heavily YMCA-subsidized rate. Families utilizing this tier are paying about 20% below the actual cost of camp.
For some families, additional financial assistance is necessary to make camp possible. If this is true for your family, please follow the instructions below:
1. Apply for camp and select the session you wish to attend.
2. Select “financial assistance” when selecting the price for camp.
3. Indicate how you will pay the deposit–either deposit by credit card, at which time you will be prompted to enter your credit card information at the bottom of the page, or by check or money order (this must be received in seven days of your application).
4. Apply for financial assistance by logging back into your Camp in Touch account and fully complete the online financial assistance application.
5. Once you have completed the financial assistance application, you will then need to upload your proof of income by scanning and uploading it directly into your account or by faxing it to 845-271-1600. The following are acceptable income documents:
- Pages 1 and 2 of your most recent tax return
- Copy of benefit statement
- Unemployment benefit statement (you must also submit your tax return with your unemployment benefit statement)
We ask for a deposit in order to hold your child’s spot for camp. Any deposit that is made goes towards your camp fees. If the scholarship you are awarded is insufficient to make camp possible, we will, of course, refund your deposit.
We do not offer full financial assistance, but do our best to assist our families based on income and financial need. Financial assistance is based on the tier 1 price, which is the actual cost of camp.
Please contact us with any questions you may have.