No family is ever turned away because of an inability to pay; through our YMCA Annual Campaign, we are able to offer financial assistance so that all children can experience the benefits of camp.
How to apply
1. Apply for camp and select the session you wish to attend.
2. Select “financial assistance” when selecting the price for camp.
3. Indicate how you pay the deposit–either deposit by credit card, at which time you will be prompted to enter your credit card information at the bottom of the page, or by check or money order (this must be received in seven days of your application).
4. Apply for financial assistance by logging back into your Camp in Touch account with the password that you set up when you applied for camp and fully complete the online financial assistance application.
5. Once you have completed the financial assistance application, you will then need to upload your proof of income by scanning and uploading it directly into your account or by faxing it to 845-271-1600. The following are acceptable income documents:
- Pages 1 and 2 of your most recent tax return
- Copy of benefit statement
- Unemployment benefit statement (you must also submit your tax return with your unemployment benefit statement)
We ask for a deposit in order to hold your child’s spot for camp. Any deposit that is made goes towards your camp fees. If you are unable to pay the amount due after a scholarship has been awarded, we will, of course, refund your deposit.
We do not offer full financial assistance, but do our best to assist our families based on income and financial need. Financial assistance is based on the tier 1 price, which is the actual cost of camp.
Please contact us with any questions you may have.